Thursday, May 21, 2009

Roads on water

"To translate the wind by the water it sculpts in passing"

I'm sitting in my office on the 18th floor, facing the largest canvas of Burj Al Arab with the sea all around it....sipping tea and spinning my chair absent-mindedly. The water around the Burj (a playground for the rich & famous) is alive again. Power boats and yachts skim the waters rending them in two. But now, I stop my spinning. The water where the sea traffic skimmed through is sculpted in the shape of a path. It looks like a perfect road in the sea. And it stays there for a really long time, as if the water was not liquid, but something solid. All around, the placid blue doesn't stir. There is a scientific explanation, I know :) But I can't stop feeling mesmerized.

It's so beautiful...i can see myself walking on it. Mmmmm....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard about this...

Ques: "Why do real estate agents don't look out of their windows in the morning?"


Ans: "Because then they have nothing to do in the afternoon!"

Lol...

But ya, jokes apart sitting on the 18th floor and looking out to the sea would be awesome!!! I envy you now....

Pinku said...

I want to see that view from your office someday....

wasn't till now so interested in visiting dubai but coz of you guess will have to ;)

btw do u know Farrukh Naeem?? He is also from India - copy guy works in dubai...

mixdbrew said...

Rakesh: There's absolutely no need for envy...coz i hardly ever have time to enjoy that view!! BTW, I'm hoping you aren't into real estate in Dubai!

Pinku! You are welcome to visit Dubai anytime :) Although all this cold, sterile place has on offer are malls & materialism. Not much soul-food. Only saving grace? The desert safari, which also gets tiresome after a point.

Farrukh Naeem sounds familiar...if i'm not mistaken, he's in Abu Dhabi, right? Acquaintance/friend of yours?

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, not me :) Hope not you either...

mixdbrew said...

Naaaahhhhh...me's into even worse. Advertising!!

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

loved the way u have written spinning..