Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why so serious?

I'm bored. I'm so bored, it's unbelievable. I don't remember ever being so bored in my life. I find a seriousness creeping in, a lethargy, a 'I-don't-care-what-happens' settling in like a curling-up cat. I don't want to feel like this, but I'm too bored to even try. I find people, places uninteresting...I find my mind drifting when someone's talking. I find talk boring...it's the usual, the mundane. All I want to do is snuggle up in bed with a good book and doze off peacefully, somewhere in between it's pages.

People drive me nuts and I can't understand why humans love to complicate their lives. I'm bored of their constant whining, of perceived threats, of advices doled out, of illogical reasonings. I'm bored that there's nobody here who likes to share long silences with me...and not feel the need to puncture every silence with a word.

I'm bored that I'm bored.

I'm bored that my job doesn't excite me anymore. That it's become just another means to make money. I'm bored to the depths of my being.

And now I'm too bored to write.

10 comments:

Pinku said...

come down here....

i feel ur disconnect with things too....lets plan something...real soon.

mixdbrew said...

I really want to Pinku...trust me. I even have all the details for our Israel trip! Haven't shared it with u yet coz things r really bad at work these days. My leave application has been rejected thrice!! I sometimes wish there were no responsibilities and i could leave when i wanted to.

Why are u in the 'phase'? Or has it something to do with the cosmic twin funda??!!?

Anonymous said...

My comment on your last post - Repeated! :D

pRiyA said...

Hmmm. I was waiting for someone to hit the jackpot at my post.
You did!

mixdbrew said...

Priya: I thought as much...wasn't sure though. It's been long since i left Bangalore. I seemed to be the only one at the 'show' who kept saying "Did u see that?? He's still limping, she's still blind, he's still...". I finally got shushed outa the place ;)

Anonymous said...

Wassup? I'm bored today as well
:-/

Pinku said...

Hey....I have not travelled for the past seven months....job and life have been both hectic and erratic...Lost a cousin bro in feb...and somewhere havent come to terms with it yet.

Guess thats whats put me in the phase...

The israel thing sounds lovely...have a friend staying there...she too wants me to visit soon...but where is the money yaar?

I suggest u come down here...we can go upto the Himalayas atleast.

drop me a line b4 u board the flight will be at the airport to receive u.

mixdbrew said...

Rakesh: I use the B-word in Dubai more often than I do in India! Maybe u need a holiday too...

mixdbrew said...

Pinku, I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel guilty now...my non-existent problems seem so insignificant in the light of your loss. I hope you heal soon.

I'll definitely give you a buzz when i come down. And that Israel trip will happen someday...money or no money!

Take care.

Pinku said...

:)

u give hope!!