Monday, September 29, 2008

Randomly rambling ahead...

O.k. I haven’t said this in a long time…but Gene Kelly is the original cat’s pajamas (although I have absolutely no clue why a cat would need pajamas, let alone boots). Don’t believe me? Watch him do the newspaper routine in ‘Summer stock’ and don’t you dare blink. You just might miss something. Watch any of his movies actually. He’s so incredibly fluid, agile and graceful…and he’s still ‘all man’. No effeminate vibes to make you cringe and ask “Why, God…why?”. Now, how many men you know can do that? Seriously? The swoon-bit is of course his impish, romantic, mobile face…hmmm…What a dreamboat. The kinds that make you sway from side to side with a loony look on your face.

I’ve come to the conclusion that they don’t make men the way they used to. Probably has something to do with the fact that women have morphed into part-time men. Which leads me to another conclusion – men, as a species may soon become extinct. I mean, seriously…I change the light bulb, I fix the pipes, I handle my investments (a tad warily). Heck! I even open jam jars. And I know tons of women who do the same. And I also know we are an increasing tribe. 

So, what exactly would be the role of man in let’s say, the year 2080? Would we be walking on the debris of egos of men? Or would women have completely taken over the planet, considering they have superior manipulation powers and an overdose of emotional strength? With women growing more self-reliant, androgynous and independent these days, I wonder… 

O.k. this random rambling is going nowhere. I, for one despite my fondness and undying loyalty to my species, would still like to have men around (the more evolved ones, that is). I donno…life would probably be quite boring without them around. And it’s no fun blaming all your problems on a woman. 

But, I think the reason why I would like men to be around (and I’m not talking about the more obvious reasons!) all the more would be because they tend to bring women closer. Let’s face it. We have an invisible and strong bond because of men. Our easy camaraderie stems from realizing that quality female company can soothe any heartache. And more often than not, it’s a man causing it.

Conclusion to the conclusions? For all our claims, we still need men around. And if they look and dance like Gene Kelly, bring them on. Preferably to my doorstep.

5 comments:

Chaggoholic.... said...

Well i wud say women are soon leaving their set of skills for men and instead pickin up theirs. So its like a healthy intermix. Though i wont mind women rulin the world till they continue doin the obvious things and the not so obvious ones too.LOL....

mixdbrew said...

Ah! spoken like a true male :)

Pinku said...

hmmm.....

amen...

let his tribe increase...

as for ruling the earth, I think if men were not around this whole business of ruling wouldnt have evolved the way it has.

Akshaya Kamalnath said...

And it’s no fun blaming all your problems on a woman.
....lol
enjoyed this post

mixdbrew said...

pinku: maybe you are right. men just want to play 'master' all the time! so they devise ways and means of ruling.

akshaya: Thanks! And it is true, isn't it? :)