Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rev. Spooner, my apologies

"So, what can I do you for?"

Nope...not a spoonerism, not even an unintentional typing error. At least not on my part. This was actually a sentence used at a very serious, prim and 'propah' board meeting. 

And guess who laughed??? 

30 pairs of disapproving eyes of all colours turned in a matter of seconds towards the source of laughter. I tried (a little unsuccessfully) to look back at the perpetrator and glare, only to stare at the glass door. 

A quick apology later, I was wishing the prophecies of doomsday were proved right at least this time. Of course, no such luck...just ended up cursing Nostradamus for misleading me. again.

C'mon people!! Where's your sense of humour? What's with these guys anyway? They look like they swallowed a septic tank...so poker faced! O.K. fine...i give in. The next pasty Korean who says 'boooss" instead of 'booth' doesn't even get a chuckle outa me. 

So there!


No comments: