Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm too spaced out to put anything down. Can't seem to organise my thoughts. It's thanks to fellow-blogger Pinku that I've picked up my pen...errrr...keypad. So, a poem it is, simply for a lack of incidents...significant or otherwise.

New Dawn

Incandescent triangles of honey gold
Stab and pierce the windows, 
Searching through every fold and every wrinkle,
Creeping under the covers of the unmade bed
Seeking...
To dry the tears of a crumpled soul,
Left over by a cruel night.

8 comments:

Pinku said...

this is so beautiful and sad...


need an explaination on how dare some one called mixedbrew write something so sad....

come on cheerup, there is more to life than tears....and if they have to flow let them be due to sheer happiness and nothing else...

mixdbrew said...

Well Pinku...life is a mixture of joy and tears, isn't it? that's why it's a mixdbrew :)

But I always wonder if I would bother writing if i was always happy and cheerful? Somehow, unhappiness tends to bring out the better, more perceptive side of you...that's why i never fight it.

Thanks for your encouraging words Pinku...i'm much happier now. But i also know 'the phase' will be back :)

Pinku said...

:)


whenever the phase is back I will be too.

mixdbrew said...

Thanks a ton :)

Pinku said...

Hey!!!

what plans for Christmas and New Years? Hope you have a wonderful time wherever you are whatever you do.

Merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hey, where have u been? wassup? HNY

mixdbrew said...

Hey Pinku! I missed you! gotta catch up on ur story!

Wish you a wonderful new year too...hope you find every happiness, small or big :)

One more thing...could you direct me as to how to put up pics on my blog? am still pretty much a novice, groping around!

mixdbrew said...

Hi Rakesh! i was away on a holiday and before that stuck with work. hence the lack of a post.

Hey! wish you and your family a wonderful new year :)